Re: Reporting missing package during install

On Saturday 07 December 2013 21:36:30 Bob Proulx wrote:
> If you look back in the mailing list archives you will find a
> recent discussion where there were some people who didn't like
> sudo.  I was shocked by that because I always thought that most
> people liked it.

Yes, I don't like it and always want a root password.  As you say,
this is and has been contentious.  I personally am better having to
use a different password in order to do admin tasks.  I am just too
accident prone to use the same password for everything.  And if I am
going to set up a separate administrator, that administrator might as
well be root.

I am the only user on my box, which I think is relevant.  And my
husband actively doesn't want to be able to mess up his system.  My
granddaughter felt the same.  My husband has explicitly asked me not
to tell him his root password.

Horses for courses?  "I may not agree with what you say, but I will
fight to the death for your right to say it."

Lisi