Re: Reporting missing package during install

Ralf Mardorf writes:
 > On Mon, 2013-12-09 at 18:13 +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
 > > Think about this scenario: someone devises a clever way to slip a
 > > Trojan in a user account.
 >
 > Than the trojan has got user privileges only. If it's a key logger it
 > can read what password you type for sudo, but also what you type for su.

What I fear is a fiendish tool that hijacks your bash stdin and stdout
and injects sudo commands. Not a keylogger, some stealty bastard that
stays hidden, hits, and returns hidden.

 > I know they hack servers, but was the Linux home PC of anybody on this
 > list ever hacked?

How could you detect? Are you sure you have the skills to detect this?
Do you feel safe because you are on a dynamically assigned IP?

Linux home PC are not yet a direct target because the user base of
Linux desktop users. Give them a good reason to write a stuxnet for
GNU/Linux and they will write a stuxnet for GNU/Linux.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO