Re: script line not working as its supposed to, but why?

Sharon Kimble writes:
 > ++ wc -l
 > ++ ls -1 'menu-*'
 > ls: cannot access menu-*: No such file or directory
 > + '[' 0 -gt 7 ']'

I fear that you should either 'cd' to the directory (~/.fluxbox I
suppose) you want to clear before running my code or change it this
way

if [  `ls -1 ~/fluxbox/menu-* | wc -l` -gt 7 ]
then
     ls -t ~/fluxbox/menu-* | tail $((7-`ls | wc -l`)) | xargs rm
fi

ls returned an error because it did not find any file matching
"menu-*" in the current directory.

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO