Re: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 17:47:22 -0500
rlharris@oplink.net wrote:

> On Thu, October 15, 2015 5:27 pm, Felix Miata wrote:
> > An internet router with wireless turned off and no connection to a
> > WAN nevertheless remains a functional switch. Thus "unconnected" it
> > should function no differently than the ethernet switch mentioned
> > in your OP.
>
> Perhaps I do not understand, but I (in my revised plan) I intend to
> connect the WAN port of the WRT110 to the ethernet port of the
> ISP-supplied radio (DHCP ip address 192.168.100.3) and to plug the
> computer and printer into the LAN ports of the WRT110.
>
> My goal is to allow the computer to communicate on the one hand with
> the ISP, and, on the other hand, with the printer.

Yes, that should work. I believe your initial difficulty was in setting
the IP address on your computer to one in the same network as the
original printer's address.

Probably the router can pick up the outside address by DHCP, but if
not, you know what it is.

--
Joe