Re: direct ethernet connection between computer and printer

	Hi.

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 22:12:58 +0100
Joe <joe@jretrading.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 23:57:13 +0300
> Reco <recoverym4n@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Stay away from anything made by Cisco. Good models are expensive as
> > <your_favorite_expletive_here> (and require special training). Cheap
> > models are spyware-ridden.
> > Stay away from anything made by D-Link. Those people are unable to
> > design anything remotely good even if someone's life would depend on
> > it.
> > Which leaves us with … Trendnet or Asus, I suppose. Or anything
> > else you can re-flash with openwrt with minimal hassle.
> >
> > Last point is crucial. Do not trust router vendor 'firmware' unless
> > necessary. In the case of the doubt you put openwrt on it, and if you
> > are unable to do so - stay away from that hardware.
> >

> Is this much of an issue, given that there is apparently nothing
> between Windows 8 and the outside world at the moment? A router more
> spyware-ridden than Windows?

I agree that anything including D-Link instead of a router would be an
improvement over a current situation. But since OP has a freedom to
choose, why not choose a good thing instead of known bad one?

Reco