Re: Backup's to DVD

On 2014-03-19, PAPYRUS TECHNOLOGIES <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> As I've come to realise, sound advice for anything imortant. Even then
> you can only work within the technology of the time.

I've come to realise that giving advice (sound or otherwise) is a safe
activity, seeing that hardly anyone ever takes it (with apologies to
C.G. Jung).

But seriously an Ancient such as yourself must appreciate the irony of
the modern world, now so concerned about safeguarding things for
eternity, but seeming to produce almost nothing worth preserving
beyond a second or two, which I suppose is the ultimate back-up strategy
(create nothing of lasting value).