Re: Suspend leads to black screen without sleep [Dell Latitude E6440]

I have updated the bug report on launchpad regarding this issue.

My DELL E6440 now successfully suspend and resume without a glitch on both Ubuntu LTS and Debian Jessie/Sid. Since the original report, Dell submitted a BIOS update (version A05) which coincides with the moment when suspend started working reliably. Difficult to verify since no detailed changelog is available. But since then, no more problem with suspending on both Ubuntu and Debian.

Ghis

Ghislain Vaillant <ghisvail <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Another issue with my Dell Latitude E6440 with AMD hybrid graphics is suspend not working. Suspend leads to a black screen, the system does not go to sleep and seems to be still running (power LED and fan are still on).

> I already tried different kernel: 3.5 (Ubuntu LTS), 3.12 and 3.13 (Debian sid/experimental) without success.

> I was wondering if you guys experienced similar behaviour with suspend and if there are workarounds or ways to debug that.

> Thanks,

> Ghislain

Hi,

any progress regarding this problem? Is there any solution for Ubuntu 12.04.2 as officially supported ubuntu release?

Thanks in advance,

Michal