Re: Suspend leads to black screen without sleep [Dell Latitude E6440]

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:

Another issue with my Dell Latitude E6440 with AMD hybrid graphics is
suspend not working. Suspend leads to a black screen, the system does not
go to sleep and seems to be still running (power LED and fan are still on).

I already tried different kernel: 3.5 (Ubuntu LTS), 3.12 and 3.13 (Debian
sid/experimental) without success.

I was wondering if you guys experienced similar behaviour with suspend and
if there are workarounds or ways to debug that.

hello ghislain,
i have a dell precision m4600 with nvidia graphics. i had similar
problems: system did'nt go to sleep or screen stayed black on
resume. i then added the following kernel parameters (see also:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrameBuffer)
vga=normal video=vesa:off nofb
now these problems turn up very seldom (for testing i went through a loop
of >20 suspend/resume cycles with no problem)

best regards
winfried