Re: Backup's to DVD

On Tue 18 Mar 2014 at 21:50:18 +1100, Myceneaen Magic wrote:

> On 18/03/14 20:54, PAPYRUS TECHNOLOGIES wrote:

> Papyrus is the favoured medium of smugglers and other ne'er-do-wells.
> We're an honest company catering to the needs of honest, upright and
> enterprising customers.
>
> All good, informed consumers know the TSA never found a tourist trying
> to smuggle a tablet onto a barge.

> >> It 'sounds' very attractive... until the donkey eats your backups.
> >>
> >> Tablets - just do it! (no ink required)
> >>
> >> For a limited time only we'll throw in not one, but two free reeds
> >> with every order from debian user subscribers.
> >>
> >> We built our reputation on tablets (and our office). They're a
> >> solid investment in time proven technology. You can't build
> >> anything substantial with papyrus. There's only one thing it's good
> >> for and that's not writing on - but it does come on a roll.
> >>

> >> -- Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!
> >>

> > Are these tablets the same ones which were used to build this tower
> > at Babel? We all know what happened there. You'll have to do better
> > if you want to play with the big boys.
>
> And we all know what happened to the Tower of Papyrus.
>

> > Our R&D Department is also well ahead of you in devising a new
> > product. Innovation means new markets; our objective is 5 in every
> > home in the known world. Let's see you do *that* with clay (wet or
> > sun-baked).
> >
> > Wake up and smell the grass.
>
> Your product is ideal for the privy, but your other claims, like the
> product are flimsy.
>

> > P.S. You appear to have a fixation on donkeys and goats. Medical
> > help is available to deal with the condition.
>
> That's rich coming from a company who fails to tell the customers the
> actual production technique - following reed eating goats around.

Incredible! This is getting close to "you will be hearing from our
lawyers" time. Spreading such rumours in a public forum does little to
attract people to your dying product. A tip: switch to mud baths for a
revenue stream; you can also sling as much as you want while in one.

> Papyrus, only found near rivers with goats. Clay - available almost
> anywhere (with the added benefits of kaolonite). We know intelligent
> customers prefer a solid, time tested and proven product and we've been
> listening.

Production methods for papyrus are fully described in Patent No. 17,
which may be consulted at the Patent Office in Giza. Look for the big
building (still standing, incidentally) with a point at the top.

There is also extensive documentation published; on papyrus, of course.
It is distributed under a GNU (Goat 'n Ungulate) compatible license.

> Do your customers know that when Steve found your product failed to
> match the claims as the NeXt "big thing" he returned to a company built
> on solid products? He's now heading our portable tablet division in
> Thebes working on the latest additions to our Linear-B range.

One of our customers did have a model from this range but he stumbled
and dropped it while coming down Mount Sinai. His verbal reaction is
irrepeatable but he now swears by our Rosetta portable we gave him for
free.

> Our tablets have rounded corners (patents pending).

You'd be well advised to read Patent No. 17. And don't even think of
reverse engineering our newly released papelback format.

> The first and only sexy inanimate objects!
>
> Now available in our unique walled garden.
>

> Yours without wax, Proto Cuneiform
>
> --
> Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!

Do you have the same animosity towards sheep?