Re: Backup's to DVD

On 19/03/14 00:46, PAPYRUS TECHNOLOGIES wrote:
> On Tue 18 Mar 2014 at 21:50:18 +1100, Myceneaen Magic wrote:

>> Papyrus is the favoured medium of smugglers and other ne'er-do-wells.
>> We're an honest company catering to the needs of honest, upright and
>> enterprising customers.
>>
>> All good, informed consumers know the TSA never found a tourist trying
>> to smuggle a tablet onto a barge.

>>> Are these tablets the same ones which were used to build this tower
>>> at Babel? We all know what happened there.

Siri. A beta version. It had everyone talking, but the legend lives on.

>>> You'll have to do better
>>> if you want to play with the big boys.
>>
>> And we all know what happened to the Tower of Papyrus.
>>

>>> Our R&D Department is also well ahead of you in devising a new
>>> product. Innovation means new markets; our objective is 5 in every
>>> home in the known world. Let's see you do *that* with clay (wet or
>>> sun-baked).
>>>
>>> Wake up and smell the grass.
>>
>> Your product is ideal for the privy, but your other claims, like the
>> product are flimsy.
>>

>>> P.S. You appear to have a fixation on donkeys and goats. Medical
>>> help is available to deal with the condition.
>>
>> That's rich coming from a company who fails to tell the customers the
>> actual production technique - following reed eating goats around.
>
> Incredible! This is getting close to "you will be hearing from our
> lawyers" time.

That's just the sort of blaggards I'd expect a fly-by night purveyor of
fickle products to associate with.

> Spreading such rumours in a public forum does little to
> attract people to your dying product. A tip: switch to mud baths for a
> revenue stream;

We're a horizontally integrated company. You're several centuries too
late with that suggestion. And that "Fuller's earth" you coat your
flimsy goat excreted "document" product to provide a shiny finish and
stop that ugly bleeding[*1]... we make that too.

Clay - we've got you covered.

[*1] tablets - no bleeding problems.

> you can also sling as much as you want while in one.

Render or plaster?
We have an app for that!

>> Papyrus, only found near rivers with goats. Clay - available almost
>> anywhere (with the added benefits of kaolonite). We know intelligent
>> customers prefer a solid, time tested and proven product and we've been
>> listening.
>
> Production methods for papyrus are fully described in Patent No. 17,
> which may be consulted at the Patent Office in Giza. Look for the big
> building (still standing, incidentally) with a point at the top.

Down an unlit flight of stairs behind a locked door marked "Beware of
the Sphinx" no doubt.

Patents indeed. Why would anyone want to copy it - remove from the
bottom of their sandals perhaps, but copy it.

Have you considered marketing the recyling aspect?

Perhaps "papyrus - when your done you can hang it on the line, beat the
*&^@! out of it, let it dry and use it again"?
If only you could find a way to make it softer....

> There is also extensive documentation published; on papyrus, of course.
> It is distributed under a GNU (Goat 'n Ungulate) compatible license.

It's not us who are so closely associated with goats...

>> Do your customers know that when Steve found your product failed to
>> match the claims as the NeXt "big thing" he returned to a company built
>> on solid products? He's now heading our portable tablet division in
>> Thebes working on the latest additions to our Linear-B range.
>
> One of our customers did have a model from this range but he stumbled
> and dropped it while coming down Mount Sinai. His verbal reaction is
> irrepeatable but he now swears by our Rosetta portable we gave him for
> free.

If by "swears" you mean flaming, and beating about the bushes...

Those 10 rules still stand, just like our tablets. What does that say
for your "Rosetta"?

>> Our tablets have rounded corners (patents pending).
>
> You'd be well advised to read Patent No. 17. And don't even think of
> reverse engineering our newly released papelback format.

Furtherest things from out minds. We're a progressive company.

>> The first and only sexy inanimate objects!
>>
>> Now available in our unique walled garden.
>>

>> Yours without wax, Proto Cuneiform
>>
>> --
>> Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!
>
> Do you have the same animosity towards sheep?

Please don't associate your ursine affection recreations with our business.

Clay - it's bugfree, Papyrus not so much.
I say let intelligent, handsome, insect adverse, and winning consumers
make their own choice.

Your without wax Proto Cuneiform

--
Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!