Re: Movemail not getting emails

On 11/08/2010 04:52 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Correct.  I've been doing it for over 5 years now.  As long as your IP
reputation is clean, you shouldn't have any issues sending outbound mail
from your Postfix box.  Let's see:

http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action="">

Clean as a whistle.  You won't get blocked due to dnsbls ("RBLs").
nice site.. I've seen some of my off-list replies to SOME people get eaten by one of those sites... sorbs-xxx sounds familiar..
and that was from my HOSTING service.. bad news!

What happens if/when a customer's router (and thus dyndns daemon) blows
chunks, or the PC they have running the auto update client does the
same?  Or what to do about customers who don't have an auto updatig
mechanism?   There's needs to be a mechanism to allow manually updating
the IP address via their control panel.  And, tada:

http://www.hardwarefreak.com/tzo.jpg

Simple as that.  Thus, the service, although geared toward dynamic IP
use, also works perfectly well for static IP use.  You set it once, and
forget it.
well, I'm not sure I see the difference between tzo & dyndns, as far as services are concerned..
I'd have to look up reviews, comments..tzo would be twice as expensive as dyndns, and we are only talking dns hosting, but I'll look at both.
Interestingly, I had to renew my 12 month service just last month.  I
went looking around for cheaper DNS hosting.  I thought I'd be able to
find "DNS only" hosting for a similar or cheaper rate.  I couldn't find
any.  I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I couldn't find it.  The
closest thing I found was VPS for $9.95 a month which included DNS
hosting, but I didn't want or need a VPS.  So, for that reason, and that
fact that when I move I may end up with a dynamic IP, I stuck with TZO.
 I'm a smoker, at a pack a day.  I spend, currently, $3.76 per day on
smokes.  TZO DNS hosting is $5 per _month_.  Makes it really easy to
justify when put in these terms. :)
cough, cough, ever considered quitting smoking??<G>
Paul, if you do this, and create an MX record to get the mail flowing to
your Postfix server, you need to make damn sure you've got Postfix setup
correctly to receive inbound mail for pcartwright.com.  *AND* you need
to login to your current domain registrar and change your dns servers
over to TZO.  Every domain registered has DNS servers assigned to that
domain.  For instance:

Info on transferring name servers:http://www.tzo.com/MainPageDomains/TransferringDomains.html

yeah, I've done that before.. I know how to log into my registrar.. I just transferred my domain 2 years ago. I had a problem with my ISP, AT&T not wanting to send emails to my domain, and vice-versa.. so I dropped AT&T as my ISP and moved my domain to justhost. I really wanted to host my own email, but I missed the dns server issue..

I've not spoon fed you everything.  There's quite a bit to setup in the
TZO control panel, such as your domain name, etc.  You'll figure it out.

Ping me on or off list if you need help.  As always, *read before doing*. :)

I WILL do that! seems like my domain has a problem emailing you off-list.. as I recall..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800