Re: Movemail not getting emails

Paul Cartwright put forth on 11/7/2010 5:59 PM:

> mydestination = paulandcilla.homelinux.org, localhost
> mydomain = paulandcilla.homelinux.org
> myhostname = paulandcilla.homelinux.org

$ host paulandcilla.homelinux.org
paulandcilla.homelinux.org      A

Umm, wtf?                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^
You've got a public DNS A record pointing to an RFC 1918 private
non-routable IP address.

> proxy_interfaces =

$ host
Name: mail.pcartwright.com

$ telnet mail.pcartwright.com 25
Connected to pcartwright.com.

Again, wtf?  ^^

$ dig "MX" pcartwright.com

pcartwright.com.        14400   IN      MX      0 pcartwright.com.
pcartwright.com.        14400   IN      A

So, paulandcilla.homelinux.org is a bogus local hostname for your Debian
workstation.  It appears you actually have a real domain,
pcartwright.com, hosted by JustHost on the SingleHop network
(unfortunately a known spammer haven) in its Chicago datacenter.

You obviously send receive email from/to pcartwright.com addresses
through your hosting service at JustHost.  Your emails here have an
address of debian@pcartwright.com.

If I were you, I'd seriously look at moving _ALL_ of your email hosting
to Google Apps, instead of a regular Gmail account as I mentioned
earlier, since you have your own domain MX already.  Have JustHost move
your domain MX record to point to the Google Apps farm (instructions at
Google Apps).  Wrap all of it up in one neat little place, accessible
from any device you choose, from anywhere, with all your email in one
IMAP mailbox

It looks like the pricing for Google Apps is $50 per account per year.
That's gotta be less the what you're paying for the pain pills you've
been popping due to the headaches over this mail configuration issue. :)

What are you waiting for?