Re: Movemail not getting emails

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 11:18:36 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> On 11/07/2010 09:53 AM, Camaleón wrote:
>> Just out of curiosity... why are you using a "movemail" account? As you
>> are running Dovecot, wouldn't be better to select standard "imap"? :-?
>>
> are they mutually exclusive?

No that I know... I was just asking the why of your setup :-)

I can see the use of Movemail accounts when no imap/pop3 server is
running locally (i.e., using fetchmail to drop remote e-mails under your
local mailbox) but having your own server, I see no good reason to keep
that setup, unless you explicitely need it for some special feature, so I
asked.

> I do have an IMAP local user account AND a movemail account... I was
> trying to migrate TO IMAP from pop/local user /var/mail..

Yep, that was what I thought by reading your last e-mails ;-)

Question is... are you going to keep the old method for storing e-mails?
If yes, you'll need to put the auto-checking feature working. If not,
just let it be... anyway, it should be fixed in upcoming Thunderbird
releases.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón