Re: Movemail not getting emails

On 11/08/2010 02:45 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:>
> $ host paulandcilla.homelinux.org
> paulandcilla.homelinux.org A 192.168.10.2
>
> Umm, wtf? ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> You've got a public DNS A record pointing to an RFC 1918 private
> non-routable IP address.
>
> $ dig "MX" pcartwright.com
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> pcartwright.com. 14400 IN MX 0 pcartwright.com.
> ;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
> pcartwright.com. 14400 IN A 69.175.91.154
>

> So, paulandcilla.homelinux.org is a bogus local hostname for your Debian
> workstation. It appears you actually have a real domain,
> pcartwright.com, hosted by JustHost on the SingleHop network
> (unfortunately a known spammer haven) in its Chicago datacenter.

ok, you are mixing apples and oranges.. yes, I have and USE my own domain, and ( unfortunately) I use justhost for my hosting. I didn't realize they were a spammers heaven when I signed up, I was LEAVING a hosting service that had issue with my ISP blocking my domain email.. ( long story, can you say AT&T?). paulandcilla.homelinux.org is my dyndns domain with a static IP. obviously I couldn't fill in my postfix info with my domain info, because I am NOT the host. ALL I wanted to do was setup a local IMAP server so I could use fetchmail to pull in my domain email to debian, and be able to also get to it via IMAP from my ( and my wifes) laptops, here locally, in my local subdomain ( and maybe later from the real outside public world..).
my domain email is ONLY for me & my wife ( kids too..), I've had it for 10+  years, almost as long as my yahoo account.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800