Re: trying to restrict postfix use of port

On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Adam Hardy wrote:
Aha. Now we get to the crux of the matter.

Is it a feature of SMTP itself, that it cannot send an email without port 25 because it has to receive the email it is going to send first, even if only locally as in my case, but nevertheless on port 25?

I don't know about postfix, but exim can receive mail via stdin, if called with some option. Generally there is a link (/usr/lib/sendmail) that serves that purpose.

But I'm not sure if it will work if exim is not running as a deamon. You might want to ask the exim mailing list.

--
No house is childproofed unless the little darlings are in straitjackets.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br