Re: trying to restrict postfix use of port

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:45:25 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:

> I have set up postfix to listen as below using:
>
> inet_interfaces = 10.20.30.40
>
> adam@ecocore:~$ netstat -an |grep -i "listen " tcp        0      0
> 10.20.30.40:25          0.0.0.0:*  LISTEN ***
>
> I am not allowed to open it on 127.0.0.1 due to my vserver hosting
> rules.
>
> The point is that I don't want to have port 25 open to the world, since
> I don't want to receive any emails on this system, I just want to send.

Unless you have a external IP address assigned (dedicated or shared) and
your provider is redirecting incoming smtp traffic to your local address
where you have configured the MTA server, there is no way that someone
can establish a remote connection with your mail server host as it's
using a local (non routable) ip address.

Sorry but I fail to see your concern :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón