Re: trying to restrict exim smtp to specific IP

Camaleón on 20/01/10 20:06, wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:01:16 +0000, Adam Hardy wrote:

Tip: it's better to open a new thread ("new" post instead to "reply") if you are changing the theme of the e-mail :-)

Forgot about that!

Are you still using Postfix? :-)

If yes, you can change -again- the "above-mentioned" ;-) value to:

***
inet_interfaces = 10.20.30.40, localhost
***

And restart Postfix.

No, I'm not using postfix because the solution I found in the docs which would have been perfect was

master_service_disable=smtp.inet

but this is only available from v2.6+ and lenny is using 2.5.x and there's nothing for postfix in backports. I didn't realise there is a way to do it with inet_interfaces.

Due to psychological trauma at this further set-back (i'm sensitive to this after midnight) I ditched postfix and decided to try exim.

regards
Adam

PS are you sure about that inet_interfaces setting? I think it would result in postfix listening on 127.0.0.1, no?