Re: trying to restrict postfix use of port

Camaleón on 21/01/10 16:27, wrote:
The point is that I don't want to have port 25 open to the world,
since I don't want to receive any emails on this system, I just want
to send.
[snipped]
That is the standard setup for Postfix. But that does not mean your host is an acting as an "open relay". Anyway, you can also tweak that behaviour.
All I'm saying is that I don't need this, and I'd like to find a way to
shut it down whilst leaving the outbound mail delivery intact.

mynetworks_style = host

or
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8

I am using mynetworks_style already but it doesn't stop SMTP listening on port 25.

I guess this is just a relatively new situation coming with the advent of vservers that just isn't possible.

I have set smtp_client_restrictions = reject so at least postfix responds to external SMTP requests with an aggressive sounding "Client host rejected: access denied" message.