Re: question about sending mail and postfix

Camaleón on 19/01/10 07:47, wrote:
Then I ran mail and sent user 'adam' an email, checked in the log and
got this:

where vs.athnic.net is the sub-domain of the hosting service, and
my-other-domain is the new domain I'm setting up a webserver for.

How is your Postfix global configuration done? Is it directly delivering e-mails outside (Internet) or are you sending all the mail to your ISP host? Is is a multi-domain setup (virtual domains)? What is Postfix's next step, is attached to DSL line or any kind of gateway...?

Explain a bit so we can get the whole scenario about your Postfix setup.

All I need is for my system to send various administrative emails to my own personal email account (on this email's domain, completely different from the system). For instance, emails containing the results of nmap and netstat launched by crontab and other such security checks.

The system won't have any other users than root and adam so no local emails between accounts are needed. Everything should be directed to my personal email.

And the system shouldn't accept any external emails or allow any relaying. That was why I had the line about inet_interfaces = loopback. I thought that would secure it. I've taken the setting out of main.cf now.

However postfix is still ignoring my attempts to alias "root" and "adam". My main.cf is quite slim:

mydomain = ecocore.org
myhostname = $mydomain
myorigin = $mydomain
mynetworks_style = host