Re: trying to restrict postfix use of port

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI on 21/01/10 16:12, wrote:
On Qui, 21 Jan 2010, Adam Hardy wrote:
All I'm saying is that I don't need this, and I'd like to find a way to shut it down whilst leaving the outbound mail delivery intact.

Since you've eliminated listening on the loopback interface only or using a simple relayer like nullmailer, how about a firewall that drops all incoming connections to port 25?

Sure, would be nice. But it would be nicer still if I could get postfix to disable this at the start rather than set up postfix and then set up something else to disable half of it..... if that makes sense.