Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Steve Lamb wrote:
> [snip]
>>     To my mind the fact that I said it would be nice to have versioning that
>> worked with OOo, Freemind and Writer's Cafe/Storylines implied that OOo,
>> Freemind and Writer's Cafe/Storylines were not on the table for replacement.

> You are aware that this mail of yours is the first and only one in the
> stated that these were your requirements.

    Ok, look at the subject line.  It reads, "OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX
(Was: Tool for document management)".  That means, in order:
Off-Topic
"Choice of OOo and LaTex"
Previous Was
Tool for document management.

    I started the branch because I felt it was straying sufficiently from the
main topic.  I did so in MSGID <[🔎] 46F91B8B.8000507@dmiyu.org>.  You can read it
here: <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/09/msg02387.html>

    But that's not the first message I posted since it was a split from
another thread titled "Tool for document management" which *I* started not
only here but on the Ubuntu list.  That MSGID is <[🔎] 46CC55C3.8000202@dmiyu.org>
and can be seen here: <http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/09/msg02053.html>

    You'll note that I am the original poster and that my third requirement,
verbatim, was this:
"o handle non-text data as well as some textual data.  The main file that
is going to change most often is an OOo document (odt).  I'll also be storing
any related files including Mindmap files (mm) and Writer's Cafe files."

    The fourth requirement was this:
"o version might be nice in case I want to back out of large portions of the
document or refer to previous verbage I had removed and want to reconsider."

    So no, Johannes, I am quite aware of what I originally wrote and what my
original requirements are.  The only difference is that I mistakenly called
Freemind Mindmap.  However it is mind mapping software and I did later correct
myself.

> I find it very amusing, that you find it amusing that other people can't
> read your mind. It amazing how efficient technology is nowadays in
> carrying your ideas quickly over the Atlantic; all you have to do is
> this: type them into an e-mail. Don't expect that they float without
> this little effort. ;-)

    I think the URLs posted above clearly show that I did make the effort and
that I was not expecting people to do anything more than reading an email.
While I do not expect people to read every message of mine and do understand
people will jump in in the middle of a conversation I do expect the courtesy
of them doing their homework prior to calling me a liar on something I did or
did not claim to say.  I am by and large an honest person and don't go around
intentionally misrepresenting what I have or have not said previously.