Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

Steve Lamb wrote:
Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
The output is PostScript
so I kept a copy of GhostView (gv) running (watching the file) and
whenever I wanted to see how things looked, just ran lout on my file to
the same output file name.

    Yeahhh, no thanks.  I don't like coding HTML with the produce and peek
method of screwing it up.

Talk to your publisher.

    This presumes I have a publisher.  I never said I did.  I pointed out
that it appears that submissions are desired in two formats. Implication being that when I am done with my work I'll be submitting it
to different places in the hopes of getting it picked up.  Since I am
unaware of what company, if any, I will end up with I cannot make any
presumptions about any format they will accept outside of the lowest
common denominator.  Word, plain text or printed manuscript.

If you write in latex you can always convert to RTF via latex2rtf, which in my experience works excellently. If needed, it is no big deal to convert this to word format. It is definitely worth the effort to learn latex.
cheers, peter