Re: Tool for document management

Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 09/24/07 11:02, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>> Ron, why you are so negative on OOo?

> Negative?  Hardly.  I'm just wishing for new features, that's all.

    Like text to columns in Calc without resorting to a plugin?  Seems like a
no-brainer.  :/

>> But it is long 1 line XML file w/o line break.  It is hard to see. (It
>> is useful though if you are desperate.) Thus, I said "not much useful".

> Ah, I see that.  :(

> Yet another OOo wishlist item.

    One I think that will go unfulfilled.  First off Word suffers from the
same problem.  I found out the hard way on one of my scripting projects.  So
there's precedent.  The second reason is that OOo developers have stated, many
times, that the format's not designed to be manipulated by anything other than
OOo so no consideration is given to either human readability or to the
usefulness of other tools.  That, too, I found in reading up on putting ODTs
in some sort of repository.