Re: OT: Choice of OOo and LaTeX (Was: Tool for document management)

David Brodbeck wrote:
> Maybe I'm confusing threads.  I thought one of his requirements was
> searchability and version control.  Version control tools don't work
> well with OOo because, by design, it produces opaque binary files.

    You're not confusing the two.  Yes, it was listed as a "requirement" but
it was more of a "nice to have" requirement and not an absolute one.  I admit
that I didn't do an adequate job in listing all my requirements as
requirements and separating out nice-to-haves as such.

    To my mind the fact that I said it would be nice to have versioning that
worked with OOo, Freemind and Writer's Cafe/Storylines implied that OOo,
Freemind and Writer's Cafe/Storylines were not on the table for replacement.

    Of course in writing this explanation for you I do find it mildly amusing
that lots of people seemed to have latched onto versioning as an absolute
requirement, feel obligated to change one of the tools I am using to fit that
perception yet have not offered up any replacement tools for Freemind or
Storylines.  ;)