Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 08:10:35PM -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

> I know bottom-posting is the preferred protocol here, and so I usually
> respect it (this exception is just to make a point).  But just try the
> other way (in a forum where it's accepted), and I think you might find
> you like it ...

How to put this, how to put this ....

No.  No indeed.

In fact there are times when top-posting is appropriate, but mailing lists
and Usenet are NOT on that list.  In either case, you can't assume that
everyone reading the message (including people reading an archived copy on
the Web two years later) has read the whole thread and doesn't need context.

Note that bottom-posting most definitely requires quote-trimming, as others
have said and demonstrated.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading