Re: Top posting (a different point of view)

(I haven't quoted anything here because this isn't a response to what Carl wrote, just here because it's the end of the thread at this point in time)

I must say, this thread has to be one of the most well structured and easy to read in my whole experience of reading a public mailing list. If only all the posts here were of this quality the world would be a much better place.

That said, I too agree that top & bottom posting both have their own place, and as many have stated, mailing lists like this is a place for bottom.

Yes, I top post, but only because many of the people I communicate with through normal email (not mailing lists) are in corporate / government environments where MS Exchange & Outlook are used. I top-post purely for the fact that it creates less strain for them because their client can't be used to bottom post well.

I never thought anyone could get so defensive about their perspective about which form of posting is better. I learn to live with it, because everyone's different and I think the more people go on (rant?) about it, the less likely people are to conform.