Re: Top posting

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 03:44:04PM -0400, Jin Juku wrote:
> I guess I really am a newbie, because I have no idea what this
> top-posting business is supposed to mean ... we're not supposed to
> send new, clean messages to the list ...?

Quotes properly (in the "no top-posting" belief system) go ABOVE new
material, not below it.

People who hate top-posting (including me) find it illogical and broken.
The experience of reading it seems like, "Here's a fragment that makes no
sense, and now that you're puzzled here's a confusing, out-of-sequence list
of the things that fragment is responding to."  The system I'm using here,
quoted material followed by response, means that reading it corresponds to
the order in which the material was created and makes more sense.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.