Re: Top posting

Lech Karol Pawłaszek wrote:
On Thursday 09 of June 2005 22:13, Mike Ward wrote:
[...]

Afterall, I honestly never had heard of 'top-posting' before until
now, but just this gentle reminder means that at least one occasional
user is now posting more 'correctly'.

Hooray! :-)

If you would like to post even more 'correctly' - please read Netiquette RFC (also known as "How to behave on the internet") which is right here:

http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html

or at least "3.0 One-to-Many Communication (Mailing Lists, NetNews)" section.

TIA. Regards,

I know that this will put the cat amongst the pigeons but I actually prefer top posting. I've been reading newsgroups and mailing lists for years and I have always thought that bottom posting was the wrong way to do it.

I understand the reasons why bottom posting is supposed to be better but if I am following the thread, which is normally the case if I'm actually reading it, then I find it quicker to read just the top section of each post rather than having to scroll down past everything I've already read. There isn't a problem with context because I can remember that from one post to the next. If the author wants to quote a section of the previous post they can in the extreme they end up inlining their post.

I'm not saying I'm right and I often bottom post to not annoy people but I have to try and convince you to switch.

Graham

PS Have you noticed that there aren't many people who are top posting zealots? I wonder why. Maybe tops posters are just more relaxed and chilled out people. :o)