Re: Top posting

On Thursday 09 June 2005 04:35 pm, Hubert Chan wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 14:34:53 -0400, Hal Vaughan <hal@thresholddigital.com>
said:
> > On Thursday 09 June 2005 12:55 pm, David Jardine wrote:
> >> be getting out of hand :)
> >> us a lecture on top posting sometime soon?  It seems to
> >> Isn't some authoritative voice on the list going to give
>
> [...]
>
> > With that being said, and realizing that with a .de domain, you are
> > probably using English as a second language, one could ask that you
> > make an effort to use proper style, such as writing in complete
> > sentences, capitalizing the beginning of your sentences, and
> > completing your sentences.
>
> OK, for the sake of those who missed the point of David Jardine's
> message, you read line 3 first, then line 2, then line 1.  It's supposed
> to emulate the nonsense of top-posting.  It isn't broken English.
>
> Here it is in proper order:
> > On Thursday 09 June 2005 12:55 pm, David Jardine wrote:
> >> Isn't some authoritative voice on the list going to give
> >> us a lecture on top posting sometime soon?  It seems to
> >> be getting out of hand :)
>
> (David, I think you're to subtle for the majority of the people on this
> list. ;-) )

No.

I saw that, figured it was an attempt to be clever in making one's point and
decided it was stupid.  Why?  There's a big difference between inverting a
few lines and having a different order for paragraphs.  As a writer, to me,
it's comparing apples and oranges and, well, just a bad attempt at clever, or
a reminder of a MOTD I used to get on my Amiga shell: "Too clever is dumb."

Hal