Re: Top posting

On Thu, 2005-06-09 at 22:06 +0100, Graham Smith wrote:
--snip--
> PS Have you noticed that there aren't many people who are top posting
> zealots? I wonder why. Maybe tops posters are just more relaxed and
> chilled out people. :o)

I would argue that top-posters fall into the same category as most users
of proprietary software. They are too lazy expend a bit of effort to
benefit their fellow man. Bottom-posting makes reading easier for those
who haven't followed an entire thread. Much in the same way that users
of proprietary software are too lazy to find, support, or write a free
alternative that would benefit all of mankind.

As a side note, since I got on the subject of users of proprietary
software, I've noticed that there's an interesting distinction between
people who use free (As in speech) software and people who use
proprietary software. People who use proprietary software have a view of
the world which stresses "Me! Me! Me!". People who use free software
generally view the world in terms of "We!".

So a top-poster is concerned about him or herself not doing extra work.
A bottom-poster is concerned with improving the quality of reading for
others.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837