Newbie: dcopserver error with user

I just installed my first copy of sarge from a netinstall CD from the site, everything went well in installation.
But the normal user I created "freeballer" cannot log into kde, but root works fine.

Could someone help me out I would appreciate it
here is the error log created:

/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: running: sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l :0 root
stdin: is not a tty
+ WM=kde3
+ cp /dev/null /root/.kde3-errors
+ chmod 600 /root/.kde3-errors
+ exec

--- Begin Message ---
debian-user-digest Digest				Volume 2003 : Issue 3659

Today's Topics:
  Re: Intel f90 compiler for Debian.    [ Paul William <maillist@bestworldweb ]
  Setting up debian package server for  [ "Vikas B N" <vikas_bn@infosys.com> ]
  Re: dip group for pon/poff (was: eje  [ "H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> ]
  Re: eject command for normal users a  [ kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com ]
  Re: newbie boot log question          [ kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com ]
  Re: Integrated Broadcom nic on Dell   [ "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom ]
  iptables and adsl modem at boot time  [ "H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> ]
  Re: How to get away with small /var   [ "H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> ]
  Re: No mouse in gpm: Resolved-Sort O  [ "Mark Healey" <deblist@healeyonline ]
  How to get away with small /var part  [ Walter Dnes <waltdnes@waltdnes.org> ]
  Re: Experiment: Neophyte versus Wind  [ "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom ]
  Re: Setting up debian package server  [ Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk> ]
  Re: How to get away with small /var   [ "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom ]
  Re: Setting up debian package server  [ Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@asianetonlin ]

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
have u tried using alien?
# alien apackage.rpm

Alien must be run as root or fakeroot.

Alien will produce a debian package that can be install using
#dpkg -i apackage.deb

You may find that there are some library issues ie.
A package look for abc.so.1 while in debian there is abc.so. To fix this
simply create a symlink of abc.so called abc.so.1

Cheers

Paul

--

 .''`.     Paul William
: :'  :    Debian admin and user

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Hello All,

 A couple of colleagues and I are planning
 to set up an ftp/http server which hosts
 the debian packages, so that people can
 install Debian on their machines over the
 office intranet.

 What is the best way to go about this?

 Things that we are planning are,

 1.the users should be able to do an
   "apt-get update" and the packages
   should be fetched/updated from this
   server on the intranet.

 2.users who are migrating from windows
   must be able to install Debian on their
   machines. (with the use of boot floppy, etc.)

 Also, what is the best way to keep this
 server up-to-date? Guess, what I'm asking
 for is like a mirror of the Debian packages...

 Thanks in advance,

-vikas

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---