Newbie: dcopserver error with user

I just installed my first copy of sarge from a netinstall CD from the site, everything went well in installation.
But the normal user I created "freeballer" cannot log into kde, but root works fine.

Could someone help me out I would appreciate it
here is the error log created:

/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession//Default: running: sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l :0 root
stdin: is not a tty
+ WM=kde3
+ cp /dev/null /root/.kde3-errors
+ chmod 600 /root/.kde3-errors