Setting up debian package server for installation over ethernet

Hello All,

 A couple of colleagues and I are planning
 to set up an ftp/http server which hosts
 the debian packages, so that people can
 install Debian on their machines over the
 office intranet.

 What is the best way to go about this?

 Things that we are planning are,

 1.the users should be able to do an
   "apt-get update" and the packages
   should be fetched/updated from this
   server on the intranet.

 2.users who are migrating from windows
   must be able to install Debian on their
   machines. (with the use of boot floppy, etc.)

 Also, what is the best way to keep this
 server up-to-date? Guess, what I'm asking
 for is like a mirror of the Debian packages...

 Thanks in advance,

-vikas