Re: [Very OT] Pigeons

Pigeon wrote:

PETA? I thought that meant x10^15 ... <more googling> Oh, right! Not
having heard of them before, I'm not a member. But you're right that
my sympathies run along those lines <sends them email asking for more
info, gives thanks> Thanks!

Whereas PETA advocates some noble goals, you might want to be aware that a lot of folk consider PETA to be, um, not quite what they seem. Some have even gone so far as to label them terrorists (http://www.augustachronicle.com/stories/020802/opi_088-8521.shtml).

NOTE that I'm not making claims about PETA one way or the other; I'm not that knowledgeable about them (except they think Jesus was a vegetarian, and "explain away" the New Testament writings which indicate otherwise - http://www.JesusVeg.com & http://charlotte.creativeloafing.com/newsstand/2003-04-23/news_feature3.html, etc -- google for more info). I'm just saying you might not want to uncritically accept their "more info" without investigating some of the claims of their critics. In other words, be informed from both sides.

--
Kent