Re: your mail

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:45:53AM -0400, Mike M wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2003 20:12, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > >?Any restrictions to observe if coming from US? ?Are they better to
> > >?arrive from a non-US source?
> >
> > hehe...
> > And I thought the cold war was finished !!!

"The Iron Curtain hasn't collapsed, it's just moved eastward" (or
words to that effect) - Nicholas Cage, "Clear Waters Rising", talking
about his experiences with Ukrainian border security.

> Putting encryption software on a CD and mailing it to someone you don't know
> could be the first step in violating a federal law in some places on this
> planet.   The person receiving the CD could forward it to a country that is
> restricted from such software by the sender's country, making the original
> sender a possible conspirator in this scenario.  The US has laws regarding
> the export of encryption software.  Other countries may have similar laws.  I
> believe that officials in these countries are more prepared to follow up on
> such transgressions than in the recent past. A sincere act to help could
> backfire.  Ignorance is no defense in these matters.

Re US export laws, isn't that what the non-US version is for? Other
countries' import laws - No idea... I know that Yugoslavia used to ban
the sending of postcards in Pitspeak, but that's not much help.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons