Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

OK, I didn't get the difference between "#" and "$". Tried again, in root (#), same result. Added the two lines in /etc/network/interfaces restarted the network and tried again. Same result - nada - zip -zilch response. No response with /sbin/ifconfig either. Thanks for all your time so far. Is there any place that we can go from here? I did a sort of default full install with tasksel and dselect. Got a lot of stuff I didn't want, but even the stuff that I do want will not do any good if I don't get this @£5#+* eth0 working.

Cheers,

Brian