Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:43:02AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> If you're a newbie, I'd recommend taking the first scheme, use Debian
> for a day or two. Then do the install all over again, wiping the drive,
> using the second scheme. Then do it again in a week or so, wiping the
> drive, and making a choice then as to which scheme you feel comfortable
> using. The first two installs are not for the purpose of figuring out
> which scheme you want to use; they're just to get you familiar with the
> install process, kind of like how rebuilding your car's engine will give
> you a huge education, but rebuilding it thrice will give you an even
> better education.

fwiw, i agree with this, but it also depends on how much time you want
to put into learning this stuff.  i think if you do it this way, you'll
learn a lot more about how your computer and linux (and os's on your
computer in general) work, but of course it's more of a time commitment
as well (especially if you're doing a net install...).

	sean