Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

OK, I started the install process from the beginning again, remounted partitions, etc. Not only did I boot the install using "bf24", but I also chose the long install, to make sure that I was installing a 2.4 kernel from the Deb 3 rev. 1 full install CDs. I tried /sbin/ifconfig eth0 and got a lot of numbers in response that I don't really understand, but what seems to be more interesting, is when I did a "modprobe sis900", the response was "can't locate module sis900". I then looked under the kernel/net modules for the SiS900 driver and it is not listed .-(

According to a posting from Klaus Imgrund, there is a module for SiS900 on the "testing CD", but I am unsure what "testing CD" this is and how I can load the module into the kernel I am installing.

Cheers,

Brian