xsnow and xscreensaver

This is a question that is, of course, of the utmost importance. It is
most certainly mission critical and could cause hundreds of people their
jobs. Or not... :)

I can run xsnow with no problems. I can run xscreensaver with no
problems. When I run xsnow FROM xscreensaver, I have problems. Namely,
xsnow works as it should, except that it drops snow on a black screen.
I've tried turning off the "fade to black" options in xscreensaver and
fiddling around with every other option I could find, but nothing seems
to work. Is there any way to get xscreensaver to leave a picture of my
desktop in place so that xsnow looks like it's falling on real windows
instead of invisible black ones?

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837