Re: Newbie bull brings own china shop.

Brian Durant wrote:

"SIS 900 Internal MII PHY Transceiver found. at address 1
Using transceiver found. at address 1 as default.
SIS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet at 0xe400, IRQ 11, 00:30:67:06:4f:86"

<Response to "grep eth0 /etc/network/interfaces" was nothing.>

Added the two lines in /etc/network/interfaces restarted the network and tried again. Same result - nada - zip -zilch response. No response with /sbin/ifconfig either. Thanks for all your time so far. Is there any place that we can go from here? I did a sort of default full install with tasksel and dselect. Got a lot of stuff I didn't want, but even the stuff that I do want will not do any good if I don't get this @£5#+* eth0 working.

Post the contents of "/etc/networking/interfaces" for us if you would, please.

Also, the result of "ls -l /sbin/ifconfig".

Kent