[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Another level of agression ?

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 10:20:37PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Sven Luther [Mon, May 28 2007, 08:23:52PM]:
> > On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:16:22PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> > > cook this story _again_. You may be right, or not, it is just off-topic.
> > > And beating dead horses won't make you many friends.
> > 
> > Because i am not yet as dead as the horse, and those i used to think as
> > friend have backstabbed me when i was in need.
> a) you got it wrong, it is you who is beating

Am i ? And even if it is so, what other choice did i have ? 

But seriously, all i have done is writting mails, which everyone can
easily ignore or killfill, and most folk are doing just that.

On the other hand, i have been removed from the d-i team and lost my svn
commit access, i have been banned from uploading .udebs, i have been
banned from the lists for 2 months, and suspended from the debian
project, and now removed from the kernel team (and partially restored,
since i used to be admin, and am not anymore).

Sure, i speak out because if not i will only be plainly forgotten, but
what other choice do i have ? Tell me, and i will try it out. I have
asked for help numerous times, and tried alternative solutions, all to
no avail, or to worsened agression against me.

> b) the world is not black and white. I respect you, but sometimes
>    I think you are wrong and there is no need for further heat when I
>    tell you so.

Did i say the world is black and white ? And well, you may sometime
think i am wrong, and tell me so, and we can honestly discuss this.

In this case though, the other side has not made a single attempt to
discuss it with me, but instead went into a campaign of calumny and
provocation, and then resorted to (ab)using their technical power or
relationship to punish me.

Notice the difference.

> > > Maybe Bastian had something cruel in mind or maybe not, this just does
> > > not matter. The current problem is solved. It's time for you to realize
> > > that.
> > 
> > I have nothing against Bastian, i don't think he made it out of an evil
> > intent, but the situation is still shitty, and i want it solved.
> But _HERE_, it is the wrong place for that. You complained about your

And where is the right place for it ? I believe the right place is in a
RL meeting, and i proposed two such meetings, at FOSDEM and at debconf,
and was meet with resounding silence instead.

It is not my fault if debian has no way to deal with issues like these,
and that i am forced to make a fuss just to not be ignored ? Do you know
the number of mails i sent to the DPL (previous one) and to the DAMs
(more recently) and got plainly ignored ? Did you see the effort i made
on the wiki pages, and what was its result ? 

> account being disabled, the problem was analyzed and you got it back.

Partially back, i was admin of the kernel team, and am not anymore. 

> Simple request, simple solution, and we are through with the relevant
> part. If you feel the strong pressure for cooking the old stuff again,
> open a separate thread (maybe even on -private).

You are joking, right ? You don't remeber that i have been unfairly
suspended from debian, and i can't read private ? 

Maybe we should do a separate thread, but the DPL directly asked me to
avoid multiplicating the threads, so ...

Furthermore, except the first mail (well 3 or so, but only one lead to
such a long thread), all my mails are responses to other people, and i
believe in open and transparent discussion. Should i be blamed for it
because i discourage the shady dealings others favour ? 


Sven Luther

Reply to: