Re: Another level of agression ?

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 09:31:19PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:16:22PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>
> >> Sven, come on. This is not the right time and not the right place to
> >
> > When is the right time and the right place ? It has been over a year not
> > being the right time and the right place ...
> >
> >> cook this story _again_. You may be right, or not, it is just off-topic.
> >> And beating dead horses won't make you many friends.
> >
> > Because i am not yet as dead as the horse, and those i used to think as
> > friend have backstabbed me when i was in need.
>
> Sure - in your world there's only True Friends and backstabbers.
>
> It is time for you to either accept that as a fact - or wake up and
> realize that perhaps maybe most of us simply do not care.

Well, the problem is that those involved chose not to just don't care,
but to take action.

Jonas, do you really believe there is *ANY* justification in asking for
my expulsion at the begining of february, the day after i presented my
DPL candidacy ?

And the decision of the DAMs, after i told them that i had the intention
to take a vacation for some months from debian anyway, did it have any
justification, except just make the matter worse ? Each time i tried to
not care and forget the issue, and go back to debian work, i was hit by
worse agression, which *MADE ME IMPOSSIBLE TO IGNORE IT*.

> There's so many things to do in this world, and nursing your bad
> treatment (fair or not) by your Debian fellows is just not high on the
> priority list of most of us - is my perception.

No, and put yourself in my place, and tell me what you would have done ?

> You do not need to waste any more words on explaining that my perception
> is wrong. I got your point already.
>
> I can promise you that I will never ever forget you or this case! Not
> sure if that is any comfort, though.

Well, i hope that this makes you reflect on your own involvement in it.
I recognize that contrary to others you where decent, and chose not to
be involved in Andres expulsion request last year, even though i was not
nice to you in the events that caused it. But you have to recognize that
your own behaviour was not exemplar, and it is indeed frustrating to
have an RC bug open since months, over a issue which was unsolved since
over 6 months or so, and no headway was done to solve it, and sit at
erkelenz beside you, and hearing you explain during half an hour, why we
should not investigate the issue.

If instead we had taken that time to look at the code, and solved it,
look at all the mess we would have spared us and debian ?

Let's this be a leason of humility to all involved, and remember that
what is important is the code, and technical solution and we want to
make the best OS ever. And how furstrating it is for me, and for others,
when even discussion about possible technical improvements is
discouraged or even responded with agression.

Saddened,

Sven Luther