Re: Debian UK

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> [...] There are some people for whom
> things will not be resolved in acceptable ways.

When I'm not part of DUS and don't have to allow DUS to hold my
personal details, it's resolved for me. I'm surprised if that's
unacceptable to anyone. There's a shed-load of other stuff that
would be nice to see, but not enough for me to act on.

> > It's worthwhile to attempt to convince Debian at large to become a
> > commercial entity.  This didn't seem terribly likely to happen when I
> > brought it up last but perhaps it's time for another go at it.
> When it comes to the technical side of things, policy follows practice.

So why flout previous policy? Presumably there's some past
practice which caused it, even if it's just writing. If you
really believe no-one objects, make the change first. Debian
policy is not just post-event rationalisation of DD actions.

--
MJ Ray (slef)