Re: Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

On 11-07-15 03:29 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 07/15/2011 09:23 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
Is there anything in there that looks suspicious? (Aside from the
begin/end markers that aren't actually in the files)

not in particular, however, as soon as you build anything but stable (or
stable with proper backports), you can have any breakage at any time,
depending on the state of the testing repos you're pinning.

as you know, i prefere using backports. if you could elaborate why you
need which and what for, we might find a solution (some of the packages
you're pinning i already have in my own backports, you could use those
instead).

I'm attempting to include newer versions of the packages related to font rendering and presentation. I don't like the default in Debian, so I'm configuring my distribution to render fonts more like Ubuntu does.

If these packages are available as backports I could definitely add them that way instead. I've never done that, but I'm certainly willing to learn!

One more detail: it fails with /just/ the wheezy.chroot file in place - no chroot-apt/preferences file. Sorry, I should have mentioned that before. It fails differently though: instead of the large list of packages to be installed, it only installs a minimal set:

  apt apt-utils aptitude gcc-4.4-base iproute iputils-ping libacl1 libattr1
  libcwidget3 libdb4.8 libgcc1 libgdbm3 libpam-modules libpam0g libselinux1
  libsigc++-2.0-0c2a libstdc++6 libudev0 libxapian22 man-db udev wget
  adduser base-files bsdmainutils bsdutils cpio cron debconf debconf-i18n
  debianutils dpkg e2fslibs e2fsprogs gnupg gpgv grep groff-base hostname
  ifupdown initscripts insserv iptables isc-dhcp-client isc-dhcp-common
  libblkid1 libboost-iostreams1.42.0 libc-bin libc6 libcomerr2 libept1
liblocale-gettext-perl libncurses5 libncursesw5 libnewt0.52 libpam-runtime
  libreadline6 libsepol1 libslang2 libsqlite3-0 libss2 libssl0.9.8
  libtext-charwidth-perl libtext-iconv-perl libusb-0.1-4 libuuid1 login
  lsb-base manpages module-init-tools mount nano ncurses-base ncurses-bin
net-tools netbase netcat-traditional passwd perl-base procps readline-common
  rsyslog sed sensible-utils sysv-rc sysvinit sysvinit-utils tar tasksel
  tasksel-data tzdata util-linux vim-common vim-tiny whiptail

Very odd. But if switching to backports works, then I can forget about this issue and move on. I'm still curious as to what is happening here, though.