Re: Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

On 11-07-15 11:31 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
On 07/15/2011 05:16 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
I don't see how that would be a problem. I have built i386 arch images
fine on a 64 bit machine/kernel.

ack; and if in doubt, you could do it in a chroot (enter in it with:
linux32 chroot $directory, rather than chroot $directory) or an lxc.

Ok, I created a brand-new i386 config set in an empty directory and then copied my auto scripts into it. I was able to create an i386 ISO. Finally! So now I knew it wasn't an architecture issue, as both you and Ben said.

Next, I added in all of my configuration from the old config set one-by-one until it failed.

It turns out to be my chroot-sources/wheezy.chroot and chroot-apt/preferences files! Without those two files, my i386 build completes successfully. These files don't cause any issues with an amd64 build, however.

chroot-sources/wheezy.chroot:

--begin--
deb http://ftp.ca.debian.org/debian wheezy main
--end--

chroot-apt/preferences:

--begin--
Package: libcairo2
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: libpixman-1-0
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: libxft2
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 600

Package: *
Pin: release n=wheezy
Pin-Priority: 1

Package: brasero
Pin: version *
Pin-Priority: -1
--end--

Is there anything in there that looks suspicious? (Aside from the begin/end markers that aren't actually in the files)