Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

Hi all,

I've successfully created amd64 ISOs several times. When I want to do the same for i386, I change "--architectures" to i386 and do

lb clean --purge; lb config; lb build

Eventually it says this:

P: Begin executing preseed...
P: Begin executing local preseeds...
P: Begin queueing installation of package lists (install pass)...
P: Begin queueing installation of local package lists (install pass)...
P: Begin queueing installation of local packages...
P: Begin installing packages (install pass)...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

gdm : Depends: libglade2-0 (>= 1:2.6.1) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libgnomecanvas2-0 (>= 2.11.1) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.18.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: librsvg2-2 (>= 2.26.0) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: gksu (>= 1.0.7) but it is not going to be installed
       Depends: librsvg2-common but it is not going to be installed
       Recommends: zenity but it is not going to be installed

The "gdm" part is just an example. it says similar things about every package I have in my chroot_local-packagelists/syrinx.list

The ISO is created with no errors when I set "--architectures" to amd64 and do the same set of commands.

Is there anything I'm doing obviously wrong? I can provide my auto/config, syrinx.list etc. if needed.

Thanks,
Daniel