Re: Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

On 07/14/2011 01:22 PM, Daniel Ellison wrote:
> On 11-07-14 11:30 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>> i think i already mentioned to you at another occasion on this list,
>> it's best to do different architectures from the same config tree.
> Btw, I
> _am_ trying to do different architectures from the same config tree.

Daniel meant to say "best to not do different architectures from the
same config tree" I am sure.

> I already do use the auto mechanism. I use the provided examples for
> "clean" and "build" and have my own simple "config" script. I'll take a
> closer look at your more complex auto/config at the link you just provided.

Good. That's what I was trying to steer you towards. If you're already
doing it and your auto/clean works properly (by removing the old
config/* top-level files) then all should be well.

As I said, I don't know if that has anything to do with the dependency
issues or not. It may simply be a temporary issue with the archives.
Different arches are not always updated simultaneously, as the
autobuilders take time to kick in ... also, sometimes autobuilds on an
architecture different from the maintainer's own architecture can fail
for some reason, leading to uninstallable packages for a longer period
of time until a fixed package is provided.

Ben