Re: Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

On 11-07-14 05:39 PM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
provided that one does a) ensure the generated config files in config/
are removed in auto/clean, b) the generated config files in config/* are
created in auto/config, and c) one does a lb clean before 'switching'
the architecture, i see no problem in having two archs configured in one
tree.

I am definitely doing all of the above. As a test, I separated my builds into one each for i386 and amd64, scrubbing them clean. The amd64 build succeeds while the i386 build fails in the same was as before.

I'm now suspecting that my troubles have less to do with my configuration and more to do with the fact that I'm "developing" on a 64 bit machine/kernel and "compiling" to an i386 architecture.

I have no 32 bit machines available, unfortunately. But I can set up a VM to test it out. In fact, it might be a smarter idea for the moment to build in a VM of the appropriate architecture. It would slow down the build process, but at least it would succeed! :)