Re: Can't create an i386 ISO, but amd64 works fine

On 11-07-14 11:30 AM, Daniel Baumann wrote:
i think i already mentioned to you at another occasion on this list,
it's best to do different architectures from the same config tree.

That wasn't me, I believe. You did point me to this URL:

    git://vcs.progress-linux.org/images/client-gnome.git

but for me, that was a little too general. I didn't know what I was looking for. I'm still learning the live build system as I go. Btw, I _am_ trying to do different architectures from the same config tree.

for using different (architecture or otherwise) configurations from the
same config tree, one should use the auto mechanism and make sure, that
the autogenerated config/* files are created through auto/config and
removed through auto/clean. an examle doing this can be found here:

   http://vcs.progress-linux.org/?p=images/client-gnome.git;a=summary

I already do use the auto mechanism. I use the provided examples for "clean" and "build" and have my own simple "config" script. I'll take a closer look at your more complex auto/config at the link you just provided.

Also, it might be worth to publish your config tree so one can have a
look at it. do you use public VCS for syrinx os?

I don't yet use a public VCS but I plan to. I wanted to get the first release out for both amd64 and i386 before publishing everything. I didn't expect to be stuck on this step. I was thinking of using Launchpad for source publishing and bug tracking, though I've never used it before so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Daniel