Re: Version numbers for translations (was: Re: debconf PO translations for the package pam

On 03/09/2007, at 12:10 AM, Stefano Canepa wrote:

Il giorno dom, 02/09/2007 alle 15.45 +0200, Nicolas François ha scritto:
Hello,

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 11:21:38AM +0200, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

I second this motion for the same reasons Clytie and Hans cited.
Please continue sending version numbers (and if I have a wish, could
those be moved more to the beginning of the subject? Currently they
often are at the border of the line break for 80 chars, i.e. the
package name is before, the version name after, which makes it more
difficult than necessary to copy and paste. Thanks).

I'm going to release a new version of po-debconf (and thus
podebconf-report-po).

The current subject of calls for translations (messages sent to
debian-i18n) is:
    debconf PO translations for the package <package>

The current subject of requests for translation updates (mails sent to
translators) is:
Please update debconf PO translation for the package <package_and_version>

Shall I change them to:
<package_and_version>: Please translate debconf PO for the package <package> <package_and_version>: Please update debconf PO translation for the package <package>

Should by usefull as I convert this emails to tasks in evolution and
email object is transformed in task summary.

Just my 2¢

I agree as well. :)

It would be significantly easier for us if the package name and version were at the beginning of the subject line. Thankyou for being willing to make this change!